Monday, June 28, 2010

Should i get off the bike and pick up the camera more often?

Well after a mediocre day at Brownstown Road Race I have been in sort of a funk lately and trying to keep things in perspective I decided to have my son do the kids race at the Reston Town Center Gran Prix.

He was stoked about it, he loves swimming, biking and running, and is only three and a half, the kid is a natural born triathlete, can swim already, ride his bike for over an hour without any breaks and run a 9:30 mile!

We arrived at the RTC during the Cat 3/4 race in time to register him and get him all psyched up for the race. Of course he wanted to do the longer race but my wife err on the side of caution since I wouldn't be riding with him, so it was the 200m race for him. Here is the link to gallery of his race.



I decided since he was going to be racing and none of the grandparents were able to make it was time to dust off my old photography equipment. Having just as much worth of photopgraphy gear as bike gear from my days of being a profession photographer shooting motorsports, I figured it was time to just jump back into and get some photos.

One thing I must say, I dont think a photographer ever really loses his eye, may lose some skill in panning a camera at 1/25 second, but I believe the natural ability to always point out a good photo will be there and they will just as critical of their work now if not more than before.

I took roughly 100 photos of the last half hour of the 3/4 race, either on the front straight or turn one. Havent picked up my photography equipment for actual shooting other than adjusting the fit of my TT bike. So please let me know what you think of these:















1 comment:

LAI said...

Hang up the shoes and pick up the camera.